Dog tricks are fun. Who does not like to see a dog that knows how to give the paw or roll on itself? Discover the best dog tricks to teach your dog at home in no time.
Best 5 Dog Tricks To Teach
- Teach your dog to sit. 🐶
- Teach your dog to stay. 🐩
- Teach your dog to give the paw. 🐾
- Teach your dog to shake hands. 🏻🏼
- Teach your dog to high-five. ✋
_________________________to stay update of our promotions._________________________
Dog Tricks: What You Need To Start Training
To teach dog tricks, you will need:
- Patience: your dog will take some time to learn. Some tricks are more complex than others. Don't lose your patience.
- Motivation: learning/teaching dog tricks should be fun. Think of this dog training as quality time with your furry friend.
- Respect: all dogs, just like humans, have different learning times. Don't compare your dog to others.
- Empathy: Observe your pup and pay attention to his tiredness, interest, and motivation levels. Manage the times based on your observations.
- Treats: Rewarding your dog with a treat can be a great way to get him to learn dog tricks faster.
Easy Tricks To Teach Your Dog In A Week (Each)
Take your time to teach dog tricks to your four-legged friend. Go up in complexity as you master the different commands.
1. Teach Your Dog To Sit
"Sit" is one of the basic commands your dog should handle. Therefore, it should be one of the first dog tricks to be taught.
How To Teach Your Dog To Sit Step-By-Step
- Show your dog a treat, but don't let him take it.
- Hold up your hand for him to follow the treat with her eyes.
- If your dog sits alone, give the "sit" command and reward him with a "good job" and the treat.
- If he doesn't sit up on his own, touch his rear to help him sit up while you say the "Sit" command. Reward.
- Repeat the exercise, saying the "Sit" command before your dog sits.
- Practice the exercise at different times, for example, by asking him to sit down before serving him food.
- Always tell him "very good" and praise him with a caress.
- Little by little, you will be able to suppress the reward with treats.
3. Teach Your Dog To Stay
- Command your dog to sit.
- Open the palm of your hand and place it in front of his snout.
- Say the command "stay".
- Walk a few steps back.
- If your dog doesn't follow you, reward him.
- If he follows you, return him to his spot and repeat the "sit" and "stay" commands.
- Gradually increase the distance between you and your dog.
- Reward each time he succeeds.
3. Teach Your Dog To Give The Paw
- Command your dog to sit.
- Show your dog the treat to get his attention.
- Keep it in your closed hand and leave it with the fingers facing up.
- Say "paw".
- If your dog lifts its paw to try to open your hand, praise and reward it.
- Repeat the process.
_________________________Hopefully, you pick up your dog poop. If you need help with that, we got you covered by our 100% Home Compostable Dog Poop Bags._________________________
4. Teach Your Dog To Shake Hands
- Command your dog to "sit."
- Then command your dog to "paw".
- However, do not reward immediately.
- Have your dog hold the paw on your hand longer as you say "shake" and gently move your hand with his paw.
- Congratulate and reward.
5. Teach Your Dog To High-Five
- Give the "sit" command to your dog.
- Place a treat in your closed hand and hold it up to his nose, with your arm vertical.
- When your dog lifts his paw to try to get the treat, say "high five."
- As soon as he touches your hand, congratulate him and reward him.
- Repeat the process.
- Try placing your hand on a correct high-five, no treat.
- If your dog gives you a high five, praise and reward.
What do you think of these 5 dog tricks step by step? Put our advice into practice in training your dog at home. You will see how the next time you have a visit, everyone is left with their mouths open.
What Is The Easiest Trick To Teach A Dog?
The easiest trick to teach your dog is usually to "sit". However, for some highly vocal dogs, "bark" or "speak" may be just as easy or even easier to learn. It all depends on your dog and his motivations or interests.
What Is The Hardest Trick To Teach Your Dog?
Among the hardest tricks that you can teach your dog, the following stand out:
- Play dead.
- Lay down.
- Play the piano.
- Hoop jump.
- Pick up trash.
How Do I Teach My Dog Cool Tricks?
To teach your dog cool tricks, you need:
What Is The First Thing You Should Train Your Dog To Do?
In general, it is considered that the first thing you should teach your dog would be potty training, although walking on a leash and sitting are also very important.
Do Dogs Like Learning Tricks?
Learning tricks can be fun for dogs, as long as positive training, free from punishment and yelling, is used. If you playfully train your dog, it is a good way to spend quality time with him.
How Many Tricks Can Dogs Learn?
Dogs have a great learning capacity, although the number of tricks they can learn depends on your puppy, your perseverance, the motivation of both of you, and how the training is carried out. Positive and fun workouts usually give better results. In general, every dog should be able to learn at least 3 tricks at home.