How To Clean Dog Pee From The Carpet
Dog pee on the carpet is not a pleasant subject, but it is necessary to speak about it. First, take a deep breath because everything has a solution. We tell you how to clean dog pee from the carpet.
Top 5 Steps To Clean Dog Pee From The Carpet
- Use paper towels.
- Prepare a natural pee cleaner for the carpet.
- Use the cleaner.
- Cover the stain with baking soda.
_________________________Are you still using plastic bags to pick up your dog's poop? These take around 50 years to degrade. Better use compostable poop bags.
Discover here why you should use compostable poop bags
1. Cleaning Dog Urine From Carpet With Paper Towels
- Act fast.
- Take paper towels and place them on the dog pee stain.
- Let the paper towels absorb the liquid. You can stand over the towels to help them absorb quickly.
- Remove them carefully. Ideally, you should have nearby a bucket to prevent the towels from dripping all over the house.
- Repeat the process until the paper towels absorb no more liquid.
2. Prepare The Best Carpet Cleaner For Dog Urine
White vinegar and baking soda have antibacterial properties. In addition, they are widely used to eliminate bad odors.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- 3 spoons of baking soda
- 1 spray bottle
Preparation Of The Natural Cleaner Step By Step
- Incorporate all the ingredients in the bottle.
- Shake well until perfectly mixed.
3. How To Get Dog Pee Smell Out Of Carpet
- Cover the dog pee stain with the eco-friendly carpet cleaner for dog urine that you have prepared following the instructions in the previous point.
- Let the product act for 10 minutes.
- Lay paper towels on top to remove the product.
- Continue laying out paper towels until they come out dry.
4/5. My Whole Carpet Still Smells Like Dog Pee: What Can I Do?
- Sprinkle baking soda on the stain.
- Let sit overnight.
- Vacuum the baking soda.
- Let dry completely.
- Ready! The smell should be gone.
- If not, you can repeat the baking soda process.
How To Get Dried Dog Pee Out Of Carpet
If you weren't home when your dog peed on your carpet, you've probably come across a dry stain and a pungent pee smell.
Calm down, it is possible to solve this problem. Follow these steps:
- Rinse the area with water.
- Use a wet-dry vacuum cleaner over the stain, or wet the spot with warm water and blot it with clean towels.
- Use an enzymatic cleaner if the pee smell persists. Check out the label and choose one that is eco-friendly.
Clean dog pee from the carpet is not an easy job. In fact, in many cases, the halo of the stain persists, and it is necessary to repeat the process several times.
_________________________to stay update of our promotions._________________________
The same can happen with the pee smell that can be impregnated in some materials.
The important thing is that you remain calm. Don't yell at your dog, don't punish your pup. Accidents happen. Put your hands to work to save your carpet and correct canine behavior.
Why does my dog keep peeing in the house?
The reasons why your dog continues to urinate inside your house can be multiple; between them:
- Lack of training.
- Marking the territory.
- Urinary tract infections.
- Bladder stones.
- Kidney disease.
- Age-related incontinence.
- Separation anxiety.
Read: 7 Signs Of Separation Anxiety In Dogs
Does dog pee damage the carpet?
Dog pee can damage your carpet, especially if it dries out and is treated afterward. Either way, your carpet may not recover 100%.
Does vinegar neutralize dog urine?
Different studies indicate that the acid present in vinegar is an efficient odor neutralizer, including urine. For this reason, most household cleaners include white vinegar.
Will urine smell eventually go away?
In general, the smell of urine disappears from the carpets within a week after the accident and after proper treatment of the stain with an antibacterial product such as white vinegar and baking soda.
How do you get dried urine out of the carpet?
You need to re-wet the stain. Follow the next steps:
- Soak the stain with warm water.
- Rub with clean towels.
- Spray an eco-friendly enzymatic cleaner.
- Let dry.
What can I spray to make my dog stop peeing in the house?
Some people point out that their dogs stopped urinating indoors after using a spray made with 1 liter of water, a tablespoon of white vinegar, and 30 drops of lemon or orange juice. This data is not scientifically proven.
Leave a comment