"My Dog Peed On My Bed!" Don't let despair take over you. Your dog peed on your bed, but this is not the world's end. There is a viable, time-tested solution! We tell you how to get dog pee out of the mattress.
My Step-By-Step Solution When My Dog Peed On My bed
- Remove your dog from the place.
- Strip the bed.
- Wash the sheets as fast as possible.
- Remove as much pee as possible.
- Prepare the best mattress cleaner for dog pee.
- Spray the mattress with your eco-friendly cleaning solution.
- Blot the excess moisture.
- Sprinkle baking soda.
_________________________Are you still using plastic bags to pick up your dog's poop? These take around 50 years to degrade. Better use compostable poop bags.
How To Get Dog Pee Out Of A Mattress Step-By-Step
Seeing your dog peeing on the bed can drive you almost crazy. Just imagining urine entering your mattress can make you lose your patience. Take a deep breath and follow the steps we share below, and soon the phrase "My Dog Peed On My Bed" will be just an anecdote.
1. Remove Your Dog From Your Bedroom
- Take your dog to a safe place. It is vital that you can work calmly, without interference.
- Your dog must understand that he has done wrong, but this is not the time to waste time.
- Be strong. Tell your pup you disapprove his action and remove him from the room.
- Make sure he stays where you'll drop him off. Close the door if necessary.
2. Strip The Bed
- Grab a laundry hamper and remove the bedding as quickly as you realize the accident.
- Do it carefully, wrapping the wet part with the dry part to avoid dripping.
3. Wash The Sheets
- Run the washing machine quickly to prevent the smell of pee from permeating your sheets.
- Use a hot water program, better if you have one developed for bedding.
4. Use Paper Towels to Remove The Dog Pee
- Gently blot the moist area without scrubbing.
- Try to soak up as much urine as possible.
- Put the wet paper towels in a container.
- Repeat the process until the paper towels no longer absorb any more water.
5. Dog Pee Mattress Cleaner Preparation
The mattress cleaner we will teach you to prepare is eco-friendly since it contains only natural products.
White vinegar has proven to be an awesome antibacterial. For this reason, it is regularly used in cleaning. It also helps eliminate bad odors.
Ingredients And Materials Needed
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups white vinegar
- spray bottle
- Place the two ingredients in the spray bottle.
- Beat vigorously until combined.
6. Spray The Cleaner On The Mattress
- Spray the affected area with your mattress cleaner.
- Preferably, let the solution go slightly beyond the stain.
- Leave on for 5 minutes.
7. Remove Excess Moisture
- Use paper towels again to remove moisture from the mattress.
- Blot the pee stain, without rubbing.
8. Sprinkle Baking Soda
- Once you have removed the excess liquid, generously sprinkle baking soda on top of the pee stain.
- Let the baking soda sit overnight, or at least 8 hours.
9. Vacuum The Mattress
- Use a vacuum to remove the baking soda.
- You should let it dry more, if the vacuum cannot absorb the baking soda.
How To Get Rid Of Dog Pee Smell In The Bed?
You can repeat the explained process, if pee smell is still present in your mattress.
Do you feel that the described process does not finish removing the smell of dog urine from your bed? Try the following:
- Cover the pee stain generously with the same amount of baking soda.
- Prepare a new cleaner. Mix 8 oz of hydrogen peroxide with three tbs of more baking soda, a few drops of eco-friendly liquid detergent and a couple of drops of lavender essential oil (or your favorite essential oil) in a spray bottle.
- Spray the dog pee stain on your mattress.
- Let dry for 8 hours.
- Vacuum the residue.
Follow our advice and let "My dog peed on my bed" become the beginning of a funny anecdote instead of a true nightmare.
_________________________for more dog owners’ tips_________________________
Why Is My Dog Peeing On My Bed?
The reasons why your dog pees on your bed can be multiple. Among them, the following stand out:
- Lack of potty-training.
- Mark the territory.
- Medical conditions.
Should I Punish My Dog For Peeing In My Bed?
Punishment is never the solution. Let your dog know you are upset by his behavior. Speak to him firmly without yelling nor hitting him. Then try to find out the cause of dog peeing in your bed. If there is a health problem, your pup will need medical treatment.
How Do You Get Dog Urine Out Of A Mattress Without Baking Soda?
Baking soda is used in most home solutions when a dog pees on the mattress. However, you can try the following to clean your bed:
- Mix two parts cold water with one part white vinegar.
- Add five tablespoons of eco-friendly laundry detergent to the solution.
- Beat well in a spray bottle.
- Spray the pee stain.
- Blot the moisture with paper towels.
- Let dry.